My Testing Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Testing Site

A backup site for Ashes, MythoMagic, and Futures Past. It's to test skins, graphics, and other things I wish to do to the sites.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven
Admin
Raven

It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) Empty
PostSubject: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Evangeline couldn't believe they were finally at Hogwarts.She was so excited about seeing her fellow little Ravenclaws again,but she felt nervous as well,since her brother would be lurking around,making sure that her life was hell.Why did he have to be older,hate her,and in Slytherin?Why didn't he take a tiny bit after mother?But she couldn't do anything now.As many times as she had tried reasoning with him,they always ended up in a major fight,so she had stopped trying.

Instead of going straight to the Library,this year,she decided to just sit in the Common Room and relax.It would be a quiet place there since everyone was out hanging with friends and everything.So she waited for the Common Room to empty,before she made her way out of the Girls' Dorms and down the stairs,into the Common Room.

She smiled to herself and got comfortable on the sofa,reading a book.She sat cross-legged,and stared at the fire for a while,before getting lost into the book she had been reading.
Back to top Go down
https://ravenproductions.forumotion.com
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Silas hadn't made up his mind yet whether to owl the headmaster or just go to the man's office. It was still jumbled up in his mind and he had to be sure of himself before committing to anything. Coming down from the Boys Common Room, Silas went and dropped heavily into a chair in the Commons. Knowing he would have to give some kind of information and reasoning behind his decision, Silas was trying to figure that part out. How much to sat, to hild back, to imply.

He let his gaze rest on nothing as his eyes swept the room. He wasn't aware that they had settled on the girl on the sofa, lost in his plotting. When he realized he was staring, he quickly pretended he was staring at the book. "Good read?"

If he could have, Silas would have taken the words back. That was as lame and see throughable as they came. A bit of redness tinged his cheeks in embarassment and mortification. There was a positive aspect of being in a sepparate house then his cousin.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Evangeline was lost in her book,reading over the same sentence for the past ten minutes without a reason.Her mind was so full of thoughts,that she couldn't even read anymore.His brother's eyes staring at her during the feast,still haunted her.That guy was her nightmare.
She heard someone come in and Evangeline looked up to see a guy.She had seen him before,since he was in her year,but they had never truly talked.Maybe he wasn't really talkative,or maybe he though she was weird and creepy like a lot of people did.

She turned back to her book,soon as she heard him flop down in a chair heavily.Just by the way he took his sit,Eva could feel that something wasn't right.She wanted to help but she was afraid she would be rejected and yelled at for trying to help.That's what usually happened.
As she kept reading,Evangeline felt eyes on her and she bit her lip,never taking her eyes off of the book.She kicked off her shoes and placed her bare legs on the ofa she was sitting,getting comfortable,when she heard a voice that straddled her,making her drop the book she had been holding out of surprise."I...it's nothing really interesting.It's just..the only way to pass the time..since people tend not to like me..."

She scooted over to the end of the sofa,closer to the chair and smiled a little,offering her hand.She could always try and be friendly,right?"I am Evangeline.It's nice to meet you,"she said,her smile never leaving her face.Hopefully,she would gain a friend around here,and her brother would back off just a little if he saw that she had someone that considered her a friend.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Quirking a brow, Silas wordlessly shook the witch's hand. It was only polite to do so wasn't it? Even if her introduction was a bit odd. Nonetheless he wasn't surprised that some of their fellows didn't know each others' names. Not with some of the other students who were infamous. And if you minded your own business it seemed people would overlook you. He'd spent most of his first year or so trying to avoid Draco and had actually been interested in his fellow fifth year Luna Lovegood. Then there was also the whole Basilisk and people thinking Potter was the heir of Slytherin so not many people were wanting to make friends that year.

He wasn't sure how to reply to the part of no one liking her. He didn't dislike her, but at the same time he couldn't say he liked her either. Silas didn't feel anything towards her and did not have enough information or experiences to form any kind of opinion one way or the other. If anything he could say that he was nuetral towards her. Answering back with, "Silas, and likewise."

Only a trace of a smile came to his lips as he asked, "Why not read something enjoyable then? Or do something that passes time that you enjoy?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

For a moment,Evangeline was afraid that when she scooted closer,he would get up and leave.When he shook her hand,she smiled.Well,even if her introduction was the most awkward and stupid thing she could say,he seemed good enough to overlook that,and she was absolutely thankful for that.It was bad not to have friends,and Evangeline wasn't used to introductions or anything,since people just overlooked her.Never noticed the quiet little Ravenclaw,who wasn't as famous as her older brother who belonged in Slytherin.They would always talk about him,but never about her.She was invisible,it seemed.

Eva nodded as he introduced himself as well,and cocked her head to the side,thinking about it.
"Nice name...I've never heard it before..but it sounds amazing...unique..,"Evangeline said,blushing right after.Had she just complimented him?Oh Merlin,how much more stupid can I be?,Eva thought and shook the thoughts away."My name is plain.I wish I had something as unique as yours."

She sat on her knees on the sofa with her hands folded in her lap as he asked her a question.And it was a good question.Why wasn't see doing something that she enjoyed,really?There were so many things she could be doing,but here she was,sitting on a sofa with a book in hand,reading over the same sentence for the past ten minutes.So why didn't she do something else?Something more fun?

Evangeline looked up,barely catching the small smile and shrugged.Well,she did have an answer to that."Well,I got no one to pass their time with me,so I am left reading books all the time.It's not like I don't enjoy reading,but I've read most of them,over twenty times.It's getting boring,and I just can't do anything else alone.Things aren't as much fun!"
She hoped that her explanation was good enough for him.It should be,since it was the truth.
Then,curiosity hit her and she looked over at him again,putting a small smile on."Why aren't you out,having fun?I am not so good of a company.."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

"If you say so," Silas responded with a slight shrug. He supposed that his name was a bit more uncommon then her own. It wasn't an everyday name however, as she was the only Evangeline that he knew or heard of. He supposed it was better than if his parents had followed tradition and named him after a star constellation. The only reasoning that Silas could account for that was that it had been his father's ultimate decision or some such. That didn't stop the Black tradition of him getting the star name for his middle one. Never having explored his name before, Silas ducked his head a bit. He supposed he liked his name was well.

Curious why the girl didn't read the ones in the Ravenclaw library he supposed that perhaps she didn't find those ones to her liking? Not commenting on the alone statement, Silas wasn't sure what to tell her. He'd found plenty of things to pass the time alone. Most of the reason why the Sorting Hat didn't automatically choose Slytherin for him. It was a boon that he latched onto when the Sorting Hat waffled between the two houses.

Giving the girl another shrug replied with, "I have my reasons. Mainly it's usually quiet here and I need a good think. Trying to compose a letter to my mother." Here he winced before continuing. "It has to be worded as so she doesn't kill me during the holidays."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

Evangeline shrugged once again and remained silent,not really knowing what else to say.She was pretty sure that the guy wasn't interested in her rumbling about book,or having nothing to do.It was not in his concern whether she had company or not,and Eva understood that perfectly.I need to stop talking to him like I am desperate...,she thought and cleared her throat,turning her gaze at he folded hands in her lap.What else could she talk about?She had said enough already,hadn't see?

She had tried making conversation by complimenting him,but it didn't work,and she found herself quite,once again,with nothing to do.How did she always manage to end up alone and bored?Why could she be like all the other girls that had fun and were popular?Because your brother doesn't allow it..,the voice in her head whispered,and Evangeline growled to herself,not wanting to think about the guy that she had to call a brother.So many years,and he still tried to bring her don with every chance he got.He wanted to see her sad and broken.And he wouldn't stop until he achieved that,she was sure.That's why people didn't like her.Because she wasn't as popular as her brother.

When he started talking again,Evangeline kept staring at her hands,until he mentioned his mother.Her eyes shot up,just in time to see him wince.When he continued talking,Evangeline blinked,trying to understand what he meant.Killing him?But then,it hit her.
"You're...a Lestrange..."
Now Evangeline understood completely what he said.His mother was Bellatrix,a known Death Eater.Her brother had told her about meeting her one day,and Eva had told him that she didn't want to meet her.She was young and afraid.
But now,that she was older,she knew that she would have to meet her,and soon.She would have to join the Dark Lord,and be at his services,or else her family would get hurt.

Gathering some courage,she slowly extended her hand and placed it on top of his,squeezing it softly.A small smile formed on her lips as she looked at him with her green eyes.She had to risk it.Either he would hate her,or he would let her 'help'.
"I will be here for you...if you ever need me...I know I can't do much,and I know that we barely know each other,but I will be here for you.That,I promise you.."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Silas gave his fellow Ravenclaw a look of curiosity and confusion. Slowly he stated, "Yes."

Studying her, his curiosity was piqued. She hadn't known his last name or had completely forgotten it. In a way she reminded him of Luna. He had been quite shocked when she touched his hand. He wasn't used to that. What she said sounded a bit almost as if it would have come from some muggle movie or book. It wasn't as if he didn't appreciate what she was offering to him. It was that he was trying to understand her motivations behind such a request. While he was pondering that he was also trying to figure out if 'befriending' her might not be such a bad thing.

"That is appreciated and I won't forget that," Silas replied with his own smile and hesitantly returned the slight squeeze of the hand. It felt awkward only so much as he'd never done this before so had no idea what to do. Other people made it seem so effortless that he had to wonder at it.

Not meaning to be rude but not able to contain his curiosity he wondered aloud, "Do you always offer your assistance so readily to people you hardly know?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Evangeline was glad that Silas wasn't mad at her.She didn't really know what to say,and it had come out of her mouth without really wanting to.She didn't mean to sound disgusted or anything.She actually felt quite lucky to be talking with a Lestrange.They were one of the most known families,and having the chance to talk with a member of a the Lestrange family meant much to her,even thought it really shouldn't.

Though the silence that was building between them made Eva winder whether she had said and done the right thing.Maybe she was taking things a little too fast for his liking,or maybe she was just being pushy.And there was the chance that he just simply didn't like her,but she,on the other hand,tried to catch his attention.All these confused her,because she simply had never done something similar in the past,and all those mixed feeling inside her made her head spin.What had changed now?Why was she trying to get someone's attention so badly?Especially the attention of a person that she barely even knew.And she knew that his family would hate her too.Probably say that she wasn't good enough to befriend..
But the feelings she was getting she had never felt before.

Though his words and the small smile of his,along with the squeeze of her hand made her smile widely.It was a start after all,right?"Well,that's good.For a moment I thought you would cast me away..and tell me I am not worth enough.."
It was a big step for Evangeline,who was starting to gain confidence with every passing second.A moment before,she was afraid to speak,yet here she was now,getting into a conversation with Silas Lestrange,and actually not being pushed away.

His question though made her bite her lip and she became shy once again.She didn't really offer help to anyone,but with him it was different.Something was telling her that Silas was different,and that something was actually pushing her into trying with him.
"No..,"she said shaking her head slightly."I only offer my services to those who deserve it..to those who actually want them.."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

Curious about why should would think such a thing had Silas gazing more intently at her. Wondering at her self-esteem, picking apart her wordd and gestures. His reactions and what he'd done and said. Several theories popped immediately to mind. Throughout all his musing, his gaze never wavered. Eyes darting down to her lips when she bit them then hastily looked away.

Using the palm of his free hand, he coverdd his mouth as he considered what she said. Who was he to determine her worth? Granted he would naturally consider and had considered what benefitted him in a possible friendship with her. There were also thoughts of how her association might be a drawback. It was just how his mind worked. Was someone help or hindrance to him?

As of now she was baffling him. He'd tried to see if it was his surname she was referring to. Mentioning 'Those that deserve it'. A lot of people would assume that, but looking at her, Silas didn't believe that to be the case. Trying to search her eyes was useless since it only confused him further.

Awkwardly realizing he still had her hand he gave a slight cough and let go. Pulling his hand away, he gave a short not. It took him a minute as words wanted to desert him. "I thank you again. I will not.forget. I find I have even more to think about. If you'll excuse me?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

Evangeline could see the doubt in his eyes. She was not stupid, and she would never be. And it was plainly obvious that he was trying to understand where all these came from. Her being friendly and offering him things people didn't usually do, or did offer just because he was a Lestrange...But for Eva that was not it.

She didn't know his last name before, and it made no difference to her now. He was a Lestrange, but that didn't make him any less of a man, than someone who wasn't. That didn't make him more or less of anything, and he was just another boy, with a last name that would haunt him, with, or without his content.
But for Eva it was all the same. She wasn't offering him a friendship just to gain. She wanted to give. Because he needed someone, and she could see it. But he was just...simply 'too good'.

Though it was never in her to give up on anything, and mostly, people. When she had said that she would be there for him, she meant it, and not because he was a Lestrange, but because she wanted to. But she knew that she had brought him in a difficult place, and she didn't really know if she would be really helping, or making things worse.
One thing she had learned from that sneaky, little snake, her older brother, was that you could trust nothing and no one. You could take nothing for granted. Because simply, things were never what they seemed.

His hand releasing hers was what brought her back to reality. She was too lost to even understand what was going on.
"I thank you again. I will not.forget. I find I have even more to think about. If you'll excuse me?"
Eva blushed and looked away, a little ashamed of what had happened. She cleared her throat and turned back to her book, trying to play cool, but it was obvious she was far from that.
"Of...of course, please. Who am I to stop you?"
Evangeline laughed a little but soon fell silent."I hope we meet again..," she whispered to him, not sure whether he heard or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)   It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Good to See You Again (Evangeline)
Page 1 of 1