My Testing Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Testing Site

A backup site for Ashes, MythoMagic, and Futures Past. It's to test skins, graphics, and other things I wish to do to the sites.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven
Admin
Raven

A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) Empty
PostSubject: A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)   A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 am

Silas wasn't used to dressing up and refused to feel foolish. He'd seen some of the costumes that some of his housemates had dressed up as. As for himself... Silas looked down at his simple costume. He was of course wearing a jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt beneath. He'd had to trade in his shoes and socks for a pair of sandals which in actuality weren't that bad. He could see why they wore them. Adjusting the golden laurels on his head and the purple and gold toga, he turned his head towards the girls' dorms. Eva was the one that had talked him into dressing up in the first place. They'd discussed what they would go as. He'd at first found it a bit revolting and the thought of having to dress 'matchingly' rather bothersome. Automatically he'd shot down some of the suggestions then had paused when she'd mentioned what they were dressed as.

Only she would get him to dress up in what others would say was just a sheet. Of course he'd gone for authenticity and got a real roman toga. It was also curiosity and self serving that he wanted to see the other in the outfit. When she had come down, he was left speechless. His eyes had gone a fraction wider, drinking in the site. Swallowing, he gave a sincere smile and offered his arm. "Shall we go then, my queen?"
Back to top Go down
https://ravenproductions.forumotion.com
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)   A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 am

Evangeline wasn't sure how she ended up like this. Her life had been taking an interesting turn, leaving her speechless for the most part. When the year had started, she was alone, vulnerable and abused, with not particular interest in anything else than her homework. She was hurt, and closed off, allowing no one and nothing to approach her in any way, afraid she would be hurt again, the same way she had for the past five years of her life.

But now, everything had changed. Or... some of it, at least. But that was the first step, and she hoped that things would be getting better from now on. The fact that she had met Silas wasn't just another day of her life. That boy had changed everything, without even understanding it, and Eva couldn't believe it. She was never to let anyone in, after what happened, and just sought out acceptance, but Silas... he changed everything.
When she first met him, she was thinking of a possible friendship, hoping to become less weird and actually try having a friend. But then, they kissed, and she understood it wasn't that simple, yet she couldn't really figure out what all this was.

Then, things were awkward between them. For some time, nether of them wanted to see each other, not because of any hatred, but because of the confusion and the extra awkwardness that followed. They couldn't figure out the new feelings, and they weren't sure if they wanted to figure them out. As much as they hated to admit it, they were afraid of the unknown, but the worst part was, that a part of them knew exactly what that was, but was too stuck up to accept it.

Being asked to the Ball by Silas was a surprise, she could say, but she was hoping for it. A part of her knew that if there was a chance of Silas going to the Ball, it could be with her, but the pessimistic part of her was there too, telling her that there was no way a Lestrange like himself would have her as a date, or something more. But miracles happen, and Evangeline was glad about it.

It was kind of tricky to persuade Silas into dressing up, but after some random ideas, they ended up with something that both of them approved and liked. Something that made her feel like a Queen, and gave Silas the authority he wished he had.
Caesar and Cleopatra was a weird idea that had popped into her head, and just found a way out of her mouth, but Silas seemed to find an interest in it. At least he stopped to think about that one, giving Eva hope that he might actually agree, which he did.

Slipping into her costume, Eva smiled as she finished her makeup, and grabbed her wand, straightening her soft brown curls and placing the headpiece of the costume on her head. Instead of going for a fully white costume with gold details, she decided to go with the complete opposite, a black one, wanting to surprise Silas, mostly. She wanted to show a majestic, and dark side that night. She wanted to be a queen.

His reaction to the sight of her brought a small smirk on the girl's lips. It was nice to know that she could cause that kind of reaction to boys, but especially him. No one seemed to be affected by her as a girl, since she was always the silent, shy bookworm. But now, that she was slowly discovering and unfolding all the traits she had, she could she that she was just like the rest of those girls out there. Though, she only wanted the attention of one specific boy. And tonight, she was going to have it completely.

His smile was answered with one of her own as she slowly placed her hand on his arm, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Lead the way..."

They made their way out of the Common Room, slowly descending the stairs. Eva could swear they looked exactly like a Queen and a Roman Dictator, like Julius Casear was. It almost felt as if it was them, all those years ago. And for a moment, her mind wandered to the book she had read about them. The secret affair, the son Cleopatra had given him.
It could all feel so familiar, but it didn't.

Sighing to herself, Eva bit her lip as they arrived outside the Great Hall. She stopped a little, her heart beating fast and turned to look at Silas. She was nervous. What would people say if they saw them together? Was he ready to face the rumours that would follow the next morning? More importantly, was she ready?
"Are you sure you want to go in there with me?"

Permission given to GM them walking down
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)   A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 am

The kiss on his cheek had caused a smile to bloom on Silas' face and turned a bit smug. His head was held high and proud as they walked, his eyes stealing sideways glances at her. They both had grown up in Pureblood run homes. She was not the typical child from such a family. Evangeline was someone who had set herself apart from everyone else in his mind. This girl who was able to talk him into dessing up had changed so much yet stayed the same. And he wanted to see how much more she would change.

While with him, gone was the usual shy girl, for the most part. He reveled in the confident Evangeline and ecstatic that it had been him that had been able to help even fractionitally to pull it to the surface. It was worth it, those moments when she was confident and had Silas responding by dropping his own shields bit by bit. But what had astounded and thrilled him was that she understood him. What he did or did not say. He had to struggle to express his emotions at times, but even not voicing certain things, she knew. It was almost as if she could see his thought process at times.

Silas was hoping that Evangeline was someone who would be what he was looking for. So far, it seemed very likely. She wasn't insistent or demanding, nor trying to get him to change whom he was. Which was something he never understood in relationships. If someone claimed to like the person you were, then why try and change them? One more reason he had thought love was pitiful and useless. Why he despised it yet had settled for affection and acknowledgment rather than something as fleeting as love.

Stopping when his date did, Silas gave her a questioning look. At her question, he smirked understanding. Turning to face her fully, he cupped her cheek with his free hand. Giving her a chaste kiss on the mouth he smiled with pride and something a little darker. "Let them see what a beautiful creature you are. The girls can be jealous they are not you, and the boys that they were foolish to have dismissed you."

It was his own way of trying to say that come what may, he wanted her. As long as she didn't betray him, he would gladly have her at his side. Not allowing for her nerves to give her any more doubts, Silas led her into the Geat Hall as if they were indeed the famous couple come back to life. Keeping her hand in his so she couldn't escape, Silas immediately led her into a dance. "Are you ashamed or second guessing coming with me?" he whispered in her ear.

A subtle trace of anger and jealousy entered his voice and stance. "Would you prefer someone else?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)   A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 am

Evangeline was suddenly nervous. Yes, she had indeed become more confident from the moment Silas decided to be there for her, supporting her and showing his appreciation. And of course, she was really excited about the fact that she was going to the Ball with him, when she had decided not to go in the first place since she did not have a date. And everything was going perfectly fine until those thoughts started sneaking their way into her head, causing her not to have second thoughts, but to be nervous and worried.

Maybe the fact that Silas had asked her to go to the Ball with him was to make someone else jealous. Or maybe he pitted her so much that he didn't want to see her sitting alone, locked in her dorm with a book, while everyone else was having fun a few floors below.
But there was also the possibility that he did want to have her by his side because he liked her. And because he felt good when he was with her. And because they understood each other without really talking. Because they seemed to know each other better than their own selves.

But Evangeline wasn't sure about it now. Until now, they had faced a few things together, because it didn't involve people's judgement. No one knew about them, so it was easy until now. But the moment they walked into the Great Hall, they would allow everyone to talk about them. Spread rumours, talk behind their back. They would make up assumptions about them. And were they ready to face them?
It was a way to make this, whatever it was anyway, official between them. And that meant that it would reach his parents' ears soon. Too soon for her liking even.

So by stopping and asking that question, she was making sure he knew what he was doing. She didn't want him to do that just because. She wanted him to be sure about it before he made the biggest mistake of his life.
But instead of backing away and leaving her standing there, he cupped her cheek and kissed her on the lips, reassuring her in his own way that everything would be fine, and that he wouldn't change this, her.
It was his own way of showing that no matter what, it was them now.

His words made her smile and even blush a little. She had never felt so unique before. No one had ever made her believe that she could actually be the person girls would be jealous of and boys would be dreaming of. But he was standing there, in front of her, making her believe all these that she considered impossible. And that was what made her want him so much.

As they walked inside, she kept biting her lip, feeling less nervous but still worried. She didn't want to make a fool out of herself and Silas. He soon pulled her into a dance, and she smiled, swaying to the music. Soon, he whispered in her ear, making a shiver run down her spine, that was soon followed by a smirk.
His body tensed and she could sense the anger in his voice as he asked her if she wanted someone else instead. Eva of course wanted no one else but him, but since he was a bit jealous, she decided to light a small fire.

"Truth is, that I had dreamt of a charming guy, holding me in his arms all night, being sweet to me, and telling me how much he liked me. But you know, since you are here, I can make use of you too."
Smirking, she bit his earlobe softly, before pulling back to look in his eyes. She laughed a bit and leaned in to kiss him, hoping to make him smile just like he did with her.
"How could I want someone else? You are all I need, Silas. And I wouldn't change that for anything..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

When Eva started, Silas' eyes had narrowed. The rollercoaster of emotions started again as they warred inside him. Anger and jealousy that she would fancy someone else. Animosity and a touch of resentment that she would choose another over him. He was not charming nor was he sweet. He could never be those or want to be. It was not in his nature to be so. If she wanted a person like that, she would have to look elsewhere. For a moment doubt, suspicion, a trace of betrayal and hurt surfaced. Had she been toying with him? Those thoughts and emotions just fed his anger.

Until he felt the mouth at his ear causing his hands to twitch and a shiver to go through him. At her smile and sincerity in the statement had him returning her expression. "Good," he declared with possessiveness coloring his tone. There was a hint of warning as he stated, "Because I don't share."

He had never shared anything. Draco was never interested in playing with his toys. If he didn't want Silas playing with them, or have them, he would break them. He'd learned early not to get upset at his cousin. Or at least to show he was upset since that was what the blond wanted. Silas had never once thought about retaliating and doing the same to his cousin's toys. He had thought about other more viscous way to get even but that's all the stayed as.

Silas had been about to claim her mouth uncaring who would see them when people began to scream. Jerking his head up and whipping it around, his eyes widened. Acromantulas were pouring in the Great Hall. Keeping his right hand tight about Eva's left, he pulled his wand and hoped that she had too. His heart was hammering with fear and anger. Was this what the Dark Lord had planned? Spiders? Gaze darting about he was about to pull Eva with him towards the staff entrance when he saw a sight that caused him to briefly pause.

Everyone was running for their lives be it Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, or Gryffindor. Anybody with brains would run in Silas' opinion. You didn't have to be fast, just faster than the person behind you. The Slytherin that had caught his eye was Eva's brother. He quickly saw a way to fulfil his vow to her. Casting a tripping jinx, he watched with morbid fascination as he went down and pounced by an Acromantula. He was so caught up in watching that he wasn't able to dodge someone's stinging hex. Likely it was meant for the spiders, but it helped Silas to focus and realize that they were trapped.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Admin
Raven

Evangeline wasn't really the tease that enjoyed making the only boy that she had managed to draw the interest of, jealous. On the contrary, she liked playing safe, since all these was something newfound to her. Though as his expression darkened, filled with doubt and jealousy, she understood that what she did was probably a wrong move. And knowing Silas, he wasn't the type that would take anything so easily.
Thankfully though she managed to cover her small mistake by simply being sincere and sweet to him.

The response she received to that was pleasing. The possessiveness brought a small smirk on her lips, knowing that he wasn't interested in playing with her or sharing. It just proved to her once more how sincere he was with her all this time, and that whatever these feelings towards her were, they were true. And that was all she needed to now.
"Who said I wanted to be shared?"

Watching him moving closer, Eva got ready for an intimate moment, knowing that probably the whole school would be discussing about it tomorrow, when suddenly screams broke them apart.
Intimate moment forgotten, Eva tried to focus on the source of this unexpected scream, when the Great Hall was suddenly filled with Acromantulas, causing her to start taking steps back, frozen for a while. Silas grabbed her hand, waking her up from her frozen state, and causing her to draw out her wand, hoping to protect herself.

She wanted to disappear, but she was so lost that she couldn't find a possible exit. Looking around frantically, she was watching as people cast spells towards the spiders, while most of the school was running for their lives. She turned to look at Silas just in time to witness her brother being eaten by an Acromantula. Something hurt deep inside of her but she paid no notice to it. Instead she turned her attention back to Silas. "We need to get out of here! Now!"

Looking around, she saw that there was no possible way of exiting the Hall. They were trapped, and Eva was starting to shake a little bit. Would her life end up like her brother's did.
Was this the end?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)   A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Flock of Ravens are Aptly Named (Evangeline)
Page 1 of 1