My Testing Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Testing Site

A backup site for Ashes, MythoMagic, and Futures Past. It's to test skins, graphics, and other things I wish to do to the sites.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dionysus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven
Admin
Raven

Dionysus    Empty
PostSubject: Dionysus    Dionysus    I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Dionysus wrote:
-GENERAL-
Name: Dionysus ; Mr. D, The twice born god
Title: god of wine and harvest
Symbol: Grapevine
Sacred Animal: N/A
Patron City: N/A
Weapon of Choice: Madness and shapechanging

-APPEARANCE-
Play by: (name of actor)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Purple
Dress Style: Loud annoying shirts

-FAMILY-
Mother: Semele a mortal
Father: Zeus
Children: Thanos Permethius
Famous Children:

• Castor
  • Pollux

-PERSONAL-
Hobbies: Scaring the satyrs, chasing nymphs, making campers' lives annoying, turning  people who displease him into animals.
Personality: Dislikes disrespect, in a foul mood from forced sobriety and sentenced to a century of being surrounded by demigods.
History: Born in a very unusual way even by god standards. He's the only Olympian god to have been born a god but have had a mortal mother. While his mother was pregnant by Zeus, Hera who was jealous of any mortal that caught her husband's eye, posed as the woman's nurse and convinced her that if Zeus really loved her, he would reveal his true form to her. Since he had said he would grant her any request and was bound by the Styx, he regretfully had to show his true devine form when she could not be pursuaded. Taken from his mother's womb, Zeus had sewed him into his thigh until the babe was ready to be born. When he was ready to come out, Zeus unstitched his thigh and why Dionysus was called the twice born god.

Zeus then gives the infant to some nymphs to be raised. Discovered wine in his youth and gave it to mankind. Hera found him and cursed him with madness. He wandered through Egypt, Asia, and other places at this time. After he was cured found out how useful madness could be and from then on would use it as punishment on people as well as transforming them into an animal.

Though Dionysus was mostly a kind and generous deity, he could be cruel when necessary. Pentheus, a king of Thebes, tried to stop the frenzied worship of Dionysus. He attempted to imprison the God of Wine, while hurling insults and accusations at him. Dionysus explained his own eminence calmly, but Pentheus was unreceptive. Dionysus caused the Theban women to go mad so that they thought Pentheus a wild beast. They tore Pentheus limb from limb.

Found Ariadne the princesses who had helped Theseus through the maze where the demigod had left her. This is one of the reasons why Dionysus dislikes demigods and the sons of Poseidon especially. He took Ariadne as a wife and made her an immortal on Mount Olympus. After chasing after an off-limits wood nymph twice, Zeus punished him by putting him in charge of Camp Half-Blood for 100 years. During this time, he is not allowed to drink wine (so instead drinks several liters of Diet Coke) or grow grapes for wine, even though he does use his powers on other plants such as strawberries which helps with Camp Half Blood's expenses as their cover name is Delphi Strawberry Service. It is hinted that the first time he did use his powers on grape vines, his punishment caused the Prohibition era.
Back to top Go down
https://ravenproductions.forumotion.com

Dionysus
Page 1 of 1